This historic and elegant castello is situated in the heart of Tuscany. Its recent renovation to the highest standards has brilliantly exposed the character and charm of the 13th century home that offers the service and amenities that today's discerning travelers have come to expect. Having hosted captains of industry and academy award winning actors, it now awaits you, friends and family for a simply unforgettable experience in comfort, sophistication and service.
Once a fortified castle, the villa's history dates back to 1210, when the Counts Alberti of Certaldo built Caput Aulae at the center of the Val d'Elsa, later transforming it into an elegant country mansion. This aristocratic villa also once belonged to Signora Ester, the widow of Brandini of Castelfiorentino.
Situated at around three kilometers from the village, which one can reach by a public road, is the hill of Mozzano, as it is called, where lay the ancient Pieve di Castelfiorentino. The villa still retains the original fortress walls as well as a square brick tower, which now has an elegant master suite with access to the tower's roof.
A spectacular wine cellar located beneath the tower in a cavern was dug out of the tuff rock, thus benefitting from a temperature that varies only two degrees between summer and winter. A dream cellar for a wine connoisseur.
• Ground floor bedroom = queen bed, bathroom with tub and hand-held shower • Upper floor bedroom = twin beds (combine to king), bathroom with hydro-massage and separate shower • Upper floor bedroom = twin bed, adjacent bathroom with claw foot tub and hand-held shower, double sinks and separate stall shower • Upper floor bedroom = twin bed, bathroom across the hall with hydro-massage and separate shower • Master bedroom = king bed, adjacent bathroom with shower, Jacuzzi tub and double sinks • Tower bedroom = king bed, bathroom with shower • Additional 1/2 bathroom near dining room
• Two grand reception areas, each with working fireplaces • Library with fireplace • Dining room with fireplace • Eat-in kitchen • Study and map room • Tower with wine cellar, living area and a private suite with access to the top of the tower • Sitting area with fireplace • Roof terrace
• The professional and attentive staff, Simona (the cook) and Cristy (the butler) will ensure that every request is handled with care wiith the utmost of care • Welcome dinner is provided and breakfast is prepared every day but Sunday • Wall art collection • Satellite Wi-Fi • Bathrobes, hairdryers and pool towels provided • Safe
• Swimming pool (6 x 12m or 20 x 30ft) open from mid-April to the end of September • Lawn Bowling green • Ping-pong • Barbecue • Game area for children • Trekking in the wonderful woods of the estate • Horse riding 10 km • Tennis 3 km • Bikes 3 km • Hiking with donkeys • Golf in the prestigious Castelfalfi Golf Club (27 holes) 15 km
• Fireplace • Guest House / Apt. • Children Allowed • Air Conditioning / Heating • Washing Machine / Dryer • WiFi • Wine Cellar Outdoor Features
Perfect place for the ultimate Tuscan wedding with friends and family
Extra maid / cleaning services
Private wine tasting
Private cooking classes
Laundry & dry cleaning
Massages (in-house or at a nearby spa)
Olive oil tasting
Private car delivery
Italian language lessons
Tuscan cooking classes
13th century chapel
Sightseeing tours and booking of excursions to the major art cities
Wine and food tasting tours
Private driver to/from the airport and train station of Florence and excursions
Location / Where to Go
Castelfiorentino, with many small shops 3km
San Gimignano 15km
Request a Booking
View Similar Properties
If simple country living near a major city is what you want to experience, this house will really fit the bill. A nice backyard overlooking vineyards and hills in the far distance, neighbors not too close, pool not too cold, modern touches but not overdone. Everything is just right including the price.
This 18th Century villa meets most everyone's needs for an ideal Italian getaway. The Post House offers fabulous views of the Tuscan countryside, and is only a short walk to the heart of Cortona or the Etruscan ruin.
Dating from the 17th century, this spacious Tuscan farmhouse has been meticulously restored, with an eye for detail and a desire to offer elegant, easygoing surroundings…..etc will find a sophisticated atmospheric hideaway just minutes form Tuscany’s major attractions.
This wonderful old farmhouse is available for rent and sleeps 11 guests. Once derelict, the farmhouse has been sensitively restored with traditional Tuscan details, such as tiled floors and beamed ceilings. Lovely old features have been preserved, such as a vaulted hall, an old bread oven, arched doors, shuttered windows and a hay barn now converted into a magnificent sitting room.
Concealed modern lighting throughout the house, complemented by antique wall lights, highlights the architectural details without spoiling the rustic atmosphere. All double bedrooms have multiple windows and en suite bathrooms.
At the heart of the house, an old olive tree shades a sunny courtyard, where two loggias command fine views across the valley. The garden leads on to the vineyard, which in turn is surrounded by oak woods and streams. The well-planted garden includes a young orchard, a Tuscan kitchen garden, lawns and a herb-filled lane.
A long swimming pool is shaded on either side by an arcaded loggia and pergola. From the shallow end, a submerged curved seat looks out onto an exceptional view.
A housekeeper, who lives in a separate staff flat, cleans and cares for the house. A cooking service can be arranged.
- Housekeeping every morning & afternoon - except Wednesday & Monday afternoon - AIR CONDITIONING UNITS IN HIGH SEASON in bedrooms only - Garden maintenance - Electricity - Swimming Pool Maintenance - Bed linen weekly change ON A SATURDAY(mid-week change at extra cost of eur 100) - Pool towels mid-week change. - Internet antenna WiFi - Final Cleaning