This historic and elegant castello is situated in the heart of Tuscany. Its recent renovation to the highest standards has brilliantly exposed the character and charm of the 13th century home that offers the service and amenities that today's discerning travelers have come to expect. Having hosted captains of industry and academy award winning actors, it now awaits you, friends and family for a simply unforgettable experience in comfort, sophistication and service.
Once a fortified castle, the villa's history dates back to 1210, when the Counts Alberti of Certaldo built Caput Aulae at the center of the Val d'Elsa, later transforming it into an elegant country mansion. This aristocratic villa also once belonged to Signora Ester, the widow of Brandini of Castelfiorentino.
Situated at around three kilometers from the village, which one can reach by a public road, is the hill of Mozzano, as it is called, where lay the ancient Pieve di Castelfiorentino. The villa still retains the original fortress walls as well as a square brick tower, which now has an elegant master suite with access to the tower's roof.
A spectacular wine cellar located beneath the tower in a cavern was dug out of the tuff rock, thus benefitting from a temperature that varies only two degrees between summer and winter. A dream cellar for a wine connoisseur.
• Ground floor bedroom = queen bed, bathroom with tub and hand-held shower • Upper floor bedroom = twin beds (combine to king), bathroom with hydro-massage and separate shower • Upper floor bedroom = twin bed, adjacent bathroom with claw foot tub and hand-held shower, double sinks and separate stall shower • Upper floor bedroom = twin bed, bathroom across the hall with hydro-massage and separate shower • Master bedroom = king bed, adjacent bathroom with shower, Jacuzzi tub and double sinks • Tower bedroom = king bed, bathroom with shower • Additional 1/2 bathroom near dining room
• Two grand reception areas, each with working fireplaces • Library with fireplace • Dining room with fireplace • Eat-in kitchen • Study and map room • Tower with wine cellar, living area and a private suite with access to the top of the tower • Sitting area with fireplace • Roof terrace
• The professional and attentive staff, Simona (the cook) and Cristy (the butler) will ensure that every request is handled with care wiith the utmost of care • Welcome dinner is provided and breakfast is prepared every day but Sunday • Wall art collection • Satellite Wi-Fi • Bathrobes, hairdryers and pool towels provided • Safe
• Swimming pool (6 x 12m or 20 x 30ft) open from mid-April to the end of September • Lawn Bowling green • Ping-pong • Barbecue • Game area for children • Trekking in the wonderful woods of the estate • Horse riding 10 km • Tennis 3 km • Bikes 3 km • Hiking with donkeys • Golf in the prestigious Castelfalfi Golf Club (27 holes) 15 km
• Fireplace • Guest House / Apt. • Children Allowed • Air Conditioning / Heating • Washing Machine / Dryer • WiFi • Wine Cellar Outdoor Features
Perfect place for the ultimate Tuscan wedding with friends and family
Extra maid / cleaning services
Private wine tasting
Private cooking classes
Laundry & dry cleaning
Massages (in-house or at a nearby spa)
Olive oil tasting
Private car delivery
Italian language lessons
Tuscan cooking classes
13th century chapel
Sightseeing tours and booking of excursions to the major art cities
Wine and food tasting tours
Private driver to/from the airport and train station of Florence and excursions
Location / Where to Go
Castelfiorentino, with many small shops 3km
San Gimignano 15km
Request a Booking
View Similar Properties
The Inventor's House
Simple elegance in the heart of Lucca. Luxury accommodations in every way overlooking a man-made lake and part of one of the larger estates of Lucca and situated in one of Lucca's most dramatically beautiful valleys. What an experience! This lovely villa dates from the 1780' originally as workspace for the inventor of the internal combustion engine. Today it is a modern home with every amenity you might desire. This house may also be combined with the Olive Mill, which sleeps 8 guests. Minutes to the enter of Lucca as well as some of the best wineries in the area.
This spectacular villa lives in the center of one of the best vineyards in all of Tuscany. A splendidly comfortable, elegant and well appointed home that is simply perfect. An infinity pool, bocce court, barbecue and a professionally designed kitchen will surround you in comfort and luxury.
If you are looking for privacy, seclusion, style and natural beauty,Villa due Stagni is for you. Located on one of the higher peaks above a picturesque valley just east of Arezzo and minutes from Piero della Francesca's Madonna del Parto in Monterchi, this breathtaking villa will not disappoint. Surrounded by walnut and chestnut trees it lives almost as if it were in its own world.