Luxury living in the real Tuscany in a privately owned and managed historical property in the Orcia Valley. This exclusive and aristocratic castle has just undergone an extensive renovation project that lasted over 2 years. The Estate of Castelnuovo Tancredi encompasses over 600 hectares of the surrounding hillside of Montalcino in the region of Siena, reigning over the Orcia Valley, a UNESCO recognized historical landmark site.
Many illustrious Italian families had previously owned this property, such as the Guglieschi, the Borghese, and the Tancredi families, after whom the property was named, prior to the acquisition of the estate by the current owners, the Venturini Del Greco family. Priority has always been to uphold the flavour and tradition of the estate itself while making modern improvements where necessary.
• ENTRANCE HALL WITH PECORINO STONE FIREPLACE , PAINTED BEAMED CEILINGS, AND A RECEPTION THRONE DATING TO THE 1500’S • FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN WITH LARGE DINING TABLE • DINING ROOM WITH ANTIQUE FIREPLACE AND TABLE THAT CAN ACCOMODATE UP TO 16 GUESTS • SMALL SITTING ROOM WITH DECORATED CEILING AND MARBLE FRONT FIREPLACE • GUEST BATHROOM • 5 DOUBLE DOORS THAT OPEN ONTO THE FRONT TERRACE
FIRST FLOOR OF MAIN VILLA:
• LIVING ROOM WITH MARBLE FIREPLACE AND ORIGINAL PAINTED BEAM CEILING DATING BACK TO 1500’S • COMFORTABLE SITTING ROOM WITH DECORATED CEILING AND LARGE FLAT SCREEN TV • 3 MASTER DOUBLE BEDROOMS SUITES, WITH PRIVATE ENSUITE BATHROOMS THAT ALL HAVE TUBS/SHOWER (1 antique bed measures 150 cm. x 200 cm, 1 bed measures 170 x 200 cm , 1 canopy bed measures 160 x 200 cm) • 1 TWIN BEDROOM WITH ENSUITE BATHROOM AND MODERN LARGE SHOWER (beds measures 90 x 190 cm.) and can be made up as a king size bed if requested • 1 ENFACE TO MASTER SUITE A SMALLER BEDROOM WITH ANTIQUE SLIEGH BED FOR SINGLE USE (bed measures 90 x 190 cm)++by request only
SECOND FLOOR OF MAIN VILLA:
• 1 DOUBLE BEDROOM WITH ENSUITE BATHROOM WITH AN ANTIQUE BATHTUB AND HAND HELD SHOWER ( bed measures 160 X 190 cm. ) • 1 ENFACE SMALLER BEDROOM/STUDY FOR SINGLE USE (bed measures 90 x 190 cm)++by request only
THIRD FLOOR OF MAIN VILLA:
• 1 DOUBLE BEDROOM WITH ENSUITE BATHROOM WITH TUB/SHOWER (bed measures 170 x 200 cm) • 1 DOUBLE BEDROOM WITH SINGLE BEDS THAT CAN BE MADE UP AS A KING SIZE BED (beds measure 90 x 200 cm) **this bedroom shares the bathroom with the double room in front
TOWER ACCOMODATION ON SECOND FLOOR LEVEL:
PRIVATE QUARTERS OF OWNERS
TOWER ACCOMODATION ON THIRD FLOOR:
• 1 DOUBLE BEDROOM WITH 2 ANTIQUE BRASS BEDS WITH ENSUITE BATHROOM WITH TUB/SHOWER. ( each bed measures 140 CM X 200 CM. ) • PRIVATE LIVING ROOM WITH FLAT SCREEN TV
VAST, MANICURED LAWNS AND ITALIAN STYLE ROSE GARDEN. THERE IS A LARGE SWIMMING POOL (14 X 5 M) WITH RECLINERS AND POOL GAZEBO FOR POOLSIDE RELAXING. CHANGING FACILITES ALSO IN POOL AREA. A FUSSBOL IS ALSO AT THE POOL GAZEBO AS WELL AS A SMALL FRIDGE STOCKED WITH SOFT DRINKS AND WATER
PRIVATE SUNKEN TENNIS COURT WITH HARD TRU SURFACE .
OUTDOOR EATING AREAS ALONGSIDE THE CASTLE WALLS FOR AL-FRESCO DINING SEATING AREA IN TOWER COURTYARD FOR 8 PERSONS ON TUSCAN WROUGHT IRON SOFAS AND PLUSH CUSHIONS SHADED SEATING AREA UNDER THE CENTURY-OLD OAK TREE. FOR 4 GUESTS
AIR CONDITIONING IN 7 OF THE DOUBLE BEDROOMS, SATELLITE TELEVISION, IPOD DOCKS, PRIVATE TENNIS COURT, PRIVATE POOL, BABY COT AND HIGH CHAIRS ON REQUEST, WIFI THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE AND GROUNDS, 2 WASHING MACHINES FOR PERSONAL LAUNDRY SERVICE USE ONLY , AMERICAN STYLE DOUBLE DOOR FRIDGE
RENTAL COST INCLUDES:
• CASTLE RENTAL ON AN EXCLUSIVE BASIS ONLY • UTILITIES SUCH AS GAS, WATER AND ELECTRICITY • TOWELS AND POOL TOWELS AND BED LINENS ARE CHANGED WEEKLY UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUESTED AND FACTORED INTO THE PRICE • ROUND THE CLOCK STAFF AVAILABILITY • INFORMATION BOOKLET • DAILY MAID SERVICE MONDAY TO SATURDAY (SUNDAY IS A DAY OFF FOR THE STAFF) • CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST SERVED EVERY MORNING UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUESTED • LUNCH OR DINNER SERVICE AVAILABLE DAILY WITH COOK. GROCERIES NOT INCLUDED • COMPLIMENTARY LOCAL ARTISAN BATHROOM TOILETRIES INCLUDED • ONE COMPLIMENTARY COOKING LESSON FOR OUR GUESTS
• CLOSEST SHOPS/RESTAURANTS/BANKS ARE IN BUONCONVENTO: 4 km • EASY DAY TRIPS TO FLORENCE (1 ½ HRS.), SIENA (20 MIN.) PIENZA (30 MIN.) AND MONTEPULCIANO (40 MIN.) • GREAT LOCAL RESTAURANTS IN PIENZA, MONTALCINO, SIENA • NEAR VILLAGE /TOWN: BUONCONVENTO 4km , MONTALCINO 10 km • NEAREST AIRPORT: ROME FIUMICINO (2 HR. DRIVE), OR PISA (2 HR. DRIVE) • NEAREST GOLF COURSE: 27 km • NEAREST BEACH: 90 km • ACCESS TO THE CASTLE IS ON A WELL MAINTAINED ANG GATED GRAVEL ROAD
THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN THE AREA:
• SIGHTSEEING IN FLORENCE, SIENA, PIENZA, MONTEPULCIANO, LUCCA • HOT AIR BALLONING OVER THE CRETE SENESE AND DEPARTURE FROM NEARBY TOWN • HORSEBACK RIDING • ANIMAL WATCHING • TREKKING THROUGH THE COUNTRYSIDE “ THE FRANCIGENA WAY” • WINE TASTINGS AND TOURS • MOUNTAIN BIKE EXCURSIONS ON THE EROICA BIKE ROUTE THROUGH THE CHIANTI COUNTRYSIDE • IN JULY AND AUGUST THERE IS THE PALIO HORSE RACE IN SIENA
Request a Booking
View Similar Properties
This "Eco-Friendly" country house is country living in Tuscany at its finest. Elegant, well appointed with tremendous attention to detail on all levels. It is perched on a natural ridge surrounded by a wooded valley and traditionally cultivated farmland. You will be wrapped in silence yet only 5 minutes to a quaint village.
Heating and cooling are geo-thermal eco-friendly and the pool is salt water based. Also, alll detergents for laundry and dishwashers are green eco-label and are provided by the owners.
The Charming Limonaia may also be included. Perfect as a "Guest House Style" studio apartment annexed to the villa with independent entrance. It has a bedroom area wih an open loft, 2 bathrooms with showers, a small kitchen and a perfectly decorated open plan living room.
Few things can prepare you for time at such a magical villa. As you drive toward Villa Sulla an impressive panoramic view of some of the most beautiful countryside in Tuscany will mesmerize you. Rolling hills, blue skies, cypress trees standing at attention to greet you as the presence of thousands of years of civilization invades your senses.
The gate opens and the grounds of a perfect country villa welcome you. This is modern Tuscan elegance at its best.
Majestic villa inside and out, Villa Via a Isola takes your eye and heart immediately with its 3 tiers of windows and green shutters set against a summery light colored façade and its Juliette balcony over the main door. The roof line has a beautifully shaped balustrade.Furnishings and details are well attended to, and the atmosphere is elegantly relaxed.