At Villa Europe, we evaluate and handpick recommended vendors providing services from car rental, to trip
insurance. Your peace of mind is essential and we’ll help you obtain it. The following is a guide to
additional information you might need or want for your trip, collected and vetted by us at Villa Europe,
and passed on to you, our discerning travelers, just like advice from a friend.
- Emily Hardcastle – is our newest cook on demand. She does
private catering as well as being your cook for the day. She is located not far
from Siena, but will travel an hour or so in any direction. In addition to
private cooking, she will do classes for four or more people in your villa.
- Mattisse Chefservice – Mattisse, who is our back-up chef,
whose services, menu, and prices are described on his website
- Culinary Adventures – If you have the urge to take a cooking
class but don’t want to commit to an entire week, Veronica Clemente in Impruneta
is the answer. Daily, weekly and extended seasonal courses are available. The
classes include market visits, seasonal menus and there are even kid’s classes.
- Anita White & Joshi Grosser – are wonder chefs as well.
Contact them via email.
- Linda Sorgiovanni – an epicurean guide in Florence, is an
excellent contact if you want to vary your tour of Florence and Tuscany, from
art to gastronomy… not that she doesn’t know art, history and sports of the
area. She also offers transfers to your property in an air-conditioned Mercedes
car or van, daily excursions and the lowdown of who’s cooking what.
- Custom Tours in Tuscany - based in Florence and
internationally known, Laura Kramer and her team offer customized tours for you
and your family or friends. These tend to be historic, art, epicurean, or
fashion related but can also be designed to meet your special interests.
- Very Tuscany -in the heart of Tuscany, the perfect place to begin tours to the most beautiful spots in our region. Even though centrally located, we remain away from the crowds: it is in unexplored corners that you can really embrace a“Very Tuscany” experience.
Very Tuscany is a family business so you will communicate directly with us, without needing any go-between.
Phone: +39 3126.96.36.1992 or +39 3188.8.131.520
- Gaia Bandini - born in Milan, Gaia Bandini moved to Tuscany 30
years ago as a young child. She has done all of her studies in Siena and has a
degree in political science. She has been a guide for many years and offers wine
tours, tours of historical museums and Etruscan sites, even shopping forays. She
has set tours but will also design a day covering your personal choices. Please
contact her directly for rates and itineraries.
- Venicescapes - a nonprofit cultural association that offers
the most fabulous in-depth tours of Venice. The 8-hour version is nearly a
semester of Venice 101 and a million times more interesting…just you and the
guide. Tours are limited to 4 or 5 people. There are also shorter versions. No
- Context Travel - Context is an in-depth alternative to
traditional tours. They are a network of architects, historians, art historians,
and specialists who organize over 300 different walks in 14 cities around the
- Corsano Agency - Service and contact for tourism in Italy,
such as sports tickets, concerts, special events, ballooning, biking, flying and
- Firenze.net - City life in Florence, a good resource for
things in and around Florence: dining, entertainment, shopping, weather, etc.
- Golf in Italy - Lists all golf courses in Italy by region.